We can find a lot of variety in the classroom or lecture halls. But there are a lot of things that we do in class some of them are good and some of them not so good. Let’s see what those things are
THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO IN A CLASS
- Bring “loud food”: do not bring food that makes too much noise and it becomes evident that you are eating at the last bench while the teacher is teaching.
- Always late: teachers hate students who always come in late and disturb the entire class making noises while going to their seats and then asking others what is going on in the class.
- gossiping non-stop: okay you get free time to talk during the day but disturbing the entire class just to tell your friend of an event or situation that is not in relation to the lecture is not good. There are people who are seriously studying and want to pay attention but because of your gossip sessions, they are unable to do so.
- Falling asleep: we all get tired sometimes and doze off during the class but do not come to the class just take a good nap it motivates other people to do the same. And be genuine to the teacher when the teacher asks you why you fell asleep during the class.
- Commenting on everything that the teacher says: this is one hell of a frustrating habit that some students have they just can keep quite they will either ask too many questions or try to correct everything that the teacher says.
- Getting distracted with phones: its okay to respond to an urgent text but it is not good to be on the phone while the teacher is the teaching they know you are using the phone they expect you to shut it yourself but if you cannot then you will have to bear the anger. The same goes for using laptops to watch movies or type assignments during lectures.
- school drama is not necessary: no one likes a mean person to be polite in the end they will only help you to get notes and assignments. Tertiary school drama is not necessary you should be everyone’s friend in the class you never know when you need help.
- Students that do not participate: teachers absolutely hate a dead class, they like students who interact during a debate or ask sensible questions. Imagine a teacher asking a question in the class and no one is interested to answer it.
- Lose your temper: Do not ever lose your temper in front of your teacher or be arrogant in any way it is very disrespecting and will put a bad impression. You should not get into a fight with your classmates too. Losing your temper in any classroom can be disastrous. If you feel yourself getting angry it might be a good idea to step out of the room or remove yourself from the situation and count to one thousand.
- Lose control: One thing you will never gain back if you lose it is controlled. Do not let the students in any class walk all over you, take control of your lesson, or get unruly in any way. Sometimes a student might become overly-excited or obnoxiously loud during an activity, and you need to be able to bring them back down. Students need to respect you, and if you are too passive and do not have boundaries you are bound to lose control at some point. One great strategy that works is to create a signal that when they see it, they know they are expected to do the same thing, and get quiet.