Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh told the press in Accra Tuesday, that all the measures are targeted at containing the novel coronavirus as schools resume from June 15.
The schools are to ensure there are washing facilities, provision of washable, and reusable face masks for all students and staff.
Also, all educational institutions should be disinfected from time to time. Below are the protocols for reopening junior and senior high schools as well as tertiary institutions.
Conditions for Re-opening of Schools
• Disinfection of all educational institutions (public and private)
• Provision of WASH facilities for all schools
• Provision of washable and reusable Facemasks for all students and staff
• Mapping of all schools to health facilities
• All Classes to be split
• No mass gathering
• No sports and sporting events
• Schools not available for religious activities
• No visitors allowed (Boarding schools.
• Re-opening on Monday, June 15, 2020
• Final Year Students Only
• Six Weeks of Academic work then four weeks for exams
• Split all classes
• Private tertiary institutions are to provide to NCTE
• Number of Staff
• Number of Final Year Students
• All Non-MoE educational institutions are also expected to re-open on Monday June 15, 2020.
• Foreign Students who are outside the country and are identified will be allowed to return granted their country will allow them exit.
• Re-opening on Monday June 22, 2020
• Final Year Students (SHS 3) and SHS 2 Gold Track Only
• Six Weeks of Academic work then five weeks for WASSCE
• All classes to be split – No more than 25 students in a class
• All day students in Boarding Schools will be in boarding
• Day schools will have enhanced daily health protocols
• Dining will be in batches in boarding schools
• NO visitors Allowed
• Schools are unavailable for religious activities
• No Sports and sporting events
• Re-opening on Monday June 29, 2020
• Final Year Students (JHS 3) Only
• Eleven Weeks of Academic work then one week for BECE
• All classes to be split – No more than 30 students in a class
• Classes will be from 9AM to 1PM Each day (Reduced School Day)
• No breaks outside the classroom
• Schools will have enhanced daily health protocols
• Schools will be unavailable for religious activities
• No sports or sporting events