The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) would like to inform the general public that registration for the May/June 2023 General and Advanced Business Certificate Examinations (G/ABCE) is still ongoing and will continue until Thursday, 27th April 2023.
To facilitate the registration process, prospective candidates are advised to follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the official website of WAEC at www.waecgh.org.
- On the homepage, select the appropriate link based on the examination you wish to register for: “ABCE” for the Advanced Business Certificate Examination or “GBCE” for the General Business Certificate Examination.
- Click on the “START REGISTRATION” button.
- If you are a new candidate, create a profile by providing the required information in the “Fresh Registration Section.”
- Fill in your personal details accurately.
- Scan and upload a recent passport-sized photograph of yourself with a white background, as well as your signature (signed in blue or black ink).
- Select your preferred Region and Centre where you intend to write the examination.
- Choose the subject(s) you wish to take.
- Once you have reviewed and confirmed the accuracy of your data, click on “SUBMIT.”
- If you need to make any amendments to your data after submission, click on “START REGISTRATION” and select the “Existing Candidate’s Section.” After making the necessary changes, click on “SUBMIT.”
- Print the registration invoice and proceed to any of the designated Banks to make the payment.
- Ensure that you make full payment of the appropriate fee(s) to validate your registration.
Please note that your registration will only be considered valid upon the completion of the payment.
Additional Details Regarding Registration
Eligibility: The General/Advanced Business Certificate Examinations, 2023 are open to both private individuals and students in approved institutions.
Examination Dates: The GBCE will commence on Monday, 21st August 2023, and conclude on Monday, 18th September 2023. Similarly, the ABCE will begin on Monday, 21st August 2023, and end on Tuesday, 19th September 2023.
To access the examination timetable and make informed decisions regarding subject choices, please click on the timetable link available on the website and carefully study the details provided.
For more comprehensive information on the WAEC Update regarding the registration of 2023 GBCE Candidates, prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the WAEC website at www.waecgh.org.
Ensure that you complete your registration within the specified timeframe and adhere to all the necessary procedures. Best of luck with your preparations for the upcoming examinations!