University For Professional Studies Accra UPSA 2022/2023 Admission Forms, applications are invited from qualified applicants for admission to the undergraduate and diploma programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic Year. Applications will be opened for admission in January 2022.
Minimum Admission Requirements for Diploma Programmes
- WASSCE applicants must have passes ( i.e. A1-D7) in three core subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies in addition to passes ( i.e. A1-D7) in any three elective subjects. Note that at least three (3) of the core and elective courses should be credit passes (A1-C6). A credit pass is required for the relevant elective.
- SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have at least credit passes (i.e. grade A-D) in three core subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies in addition to credit passes in any three elective subjects. A credit pass is required for the relevant elective.
G.C.E. Advanced Level
Passes in any two (2) subjects at the GCE ‘A’ Level plus a pass in General Paper. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes (at least Grade 6) in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science Subject at the GCE ‘O’ Level.
(4) International Applicants
International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their home countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana and submitted to the University. Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizen Ghana card as a pre-requisite for offer of admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
(5) INTERPRETATIONS OF WASSCE AND SSSCE/GBCE GRADES
HOW TO APPLY TO UPSA
Completion of UPSA Online Application Form
All applications are to be strictly completed online i.e.
- Log on to upsa.edu.gh to access the on-line application form.
- Use the Online Serial Numbers (OSN) and the receipt number to start the application process.
Note: Please note that a change of programme after the submission of the application would not be possible.
- Purchase of Online Serial Numbers (OSN)
Online Serial Numbers (OSN) for the University of Professional Studies, Accra are available for purchase at the cost of GH¢200.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and US$120.00 for International Applicants at the following sales points:
- Any Ecobank or Access Bank branch nation-wide
- Any Ghana Post (Post Office) branch nation-wide
- By Visa/Master Card/Tigo Cash/Airtel Money using the link http://interpayafrica.com/custom/upsa
SUBMISSION OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Using A-4 manila envelope, all applicants must submit the following documents by COURIER and NOT by hand delivery:
- A printed-out and endorsed applicant’s declaration slip
- Certified copies of all certificate(s)
- Original transcript(s) of academic records (applicable to First Degree, Professional, University Diploma & HND applicants only)
- Birth certificate
Applicants who do not meet any of the requirements above MUST NOT APPLY. Fees paid to the University are NOT refundable.
Further information may be obtained from www.upsa.edu.gh or the address below:
Room 7, Seidu Mustapha Wing,
Central Administration Block
University of Professional Studies, Accra
Tel: +233 303-937544/+233 303-937542 and e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) formerly known as Institute of Professional Studies (IPS), is a public university in Ghana. The main campus is located in Accra. UPSA is the first university in Ghana to provide both academic and business professional education. The University of Professional Studies Act, 2012 (Act 850) changed the name of the Institute of Professional Studies to University of Professional Studies. UPSA is nationally and internationally accredited by the National Accreditation Board (Ghana) and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) respectively.
It introduced the dual qualification scheme for its students ahead of the /20 academic year. With this new system, the students will be required to complete a chartered program such as the ACCA, ICAG, CIM, CIMA, ICSA and others, by the end of their degree study to better enhance their chances of employment in the job market