GUSSS Management wishes to inform all students, parents, staff and the entire University community that its accommodation Portal for the 2020/2021 academic year will be activated on Tuesday, 11th August 2020 at 12 noon.
How To Apply For GUSSS Hostel Using The GUSSS portal
In this article, we will be showing how to apply for the GUSSS hotel using some simple steps. Here are simple steps outlined by the GUSSS management on how to socially apply for Brunei and Hall 7 hostels for the 2020/2021 academic year through the GUSSS hostel booking portal. The GUSSS hostel portal will be opened on Tuesday, 11th August 2020 at 12 noon. Disregard any information stating otherwise.
1. Visit the GUSSS Hostel room allocator portal here
2. Log in with your username and password.
3. A window will open with all hostels listed with available room types and space.
4. Choose your preferred hostel (Baby Brunei, Brunei Complex, New Brunei, Old Brunei or Hall 7) and room type to book the room.
NB: Please note that you don’t choose your room number. You only get to choose the type of room (4 in 1etc.) Room numbers are given the day before reopening and mostly via text message on the number used in the registration process.
- Save and print out the form.
- Make payment to the bank indicated on the form.
- You’ll be handed two receipts. One which you’ll submit at the GUSSS secretariat (at New Brunei) and the other for your keeping. This receipt you keep is what would grant you entry to your room.
Approved Fees for GUSSS Hostels accommodation 2020/21
What Makes The GUSSS Hostel So Special?
They are probably the “hot cake” hostels in and around KNUST. Getting a room can be quite dicult and stressful. The most popular GUSSS hostel is Brunei for different reasons.
Residents of all the GUSSS Hostel have constant 24/7 access to the KNUST Wi and no need to worry about water and electricity bills. There are installed CCTV cameras to beef up security in the hostels. They are also the Hostels apart from the SRC Hostel that is found on the university campus with close proximity to lecture halls.
All GUSSS Hostel have in-built working lockers and the mattresses are changed from time to time. They have a very conducive environment and reporting faults in your room is the easiest you can and in any hostel as your challenges and faults are immediately attended to.
Students are advised to avoid fraudsters who attempt to secure a room for them.