Bece Registration 2019, Registration for the examination is both biometric and online for candidates who have taken BECE before and also those who are 16 years or above.
- BIOMETRIC REGISTRATION
Candidates are required to capture their fingerprints at internet cafés with the requisite equipment to commence registration. Alternatively, candidates may continue the registration process on their own after the capture of fingerprints. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure that their fingerprints are captured. Without the fingerprints of the bona fide candidate, the registration is null and void.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WEBSITE FOR THE ONLINE REGISTRATION IS:
- B. REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Open the registration website. Select link to BECE-PC.
Click on START REGISTRATION HERE.
RE-SITTERS– provide index number for last sitting and continue. FIRST-TIMERS– provide your date of birth and continue.
Fill in the required security data, i.e. password, security question, etc. Fill in your personal information.
Select your Region and then District where you wish to take the examination.
Upload your image (recent passport-sized photograph with a white background) and your signature (written in blue or black ink).
Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
Print your voucher and send to any of the banks listed in item 14.
Print your Declaration Form for endorsement by your parent/guardian and submit same to the WAEC office in your region.
Pay the appropriate fees at the participating banks only.
Use your PIN/Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission Notice from 21st January, 2019.
NOTE THAT YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT VALID TILL YOU PAY THE REQUISITE FEE(S).
Two categories of prospective candidates are permitted to register for the examination.
- RE-SITTERS – This consists of candidates who previously sat for BECE but could not make the required grade(s). Candidates must provide their previous index numbers and the year they sat for the examination.
- FIRST-TIMERS – Candidates who are 16 years or above. Candidates will be required to supply their dates of birth during the registration.
NB: SCHOOL CANDIDATES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER FOR THIS EXAMINATION.
- DATES FOR THE EXAMINATION
The examination will start on Monday 11th February and end on Friday 15th February, 2019. Access the timetable by clicking on the ‘Timetable’ icon on the website. Carefully study it for your guidance in the choice of subjects.
- ENTRY PERIOD AND SUBMISSION OF ENTRY DOCUMENTS The schedule for the acceptance of entries is as below:
1st October – 30th November, 2018 (16.00 GMT)…Normal registration and payment. 3rd December – 21st December, 2018 (16.00 GMT)…Penalty registration and payment.
- INDEX NUMBER
Your 10-digit index number will be generated by WAEC and may be accessed on line from 21st January, 2019 using your Invoice Number.
5. CANDIDATE’S NAME
Candidates should ensure that their names are correctly entered.
- SURNAME should be entered first, followed by the FIRST NAME and then the
MIDDLE NAME (if any).
- Full name should not exceed forty (40) characters.
- Candidates with hyphenated names should ensure that the hyphen is properly indicated.
NB: Candidate’s surname and first name should be written in full.
6. DATE OF BIRTH
Candidates should ensure that their correct dates of birth are entered.
After submission of entries, requests for change of date of birth will not be entertained.
- E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Candidates should ensure that they provide e-mail addresses and telephone numbers that are active. The Council will correspond with candidates via the e-mail addresses or telephone numbers provided.
WAEC WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WRONG DATA ENTERED