How to Apply for UHAS Admission Form 2023/2024
The University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) has made it known to prospective candidates that the closing date for submission of the online admission application form for the 2023/2024 academic year has been announced.
It is advised that prospective students apply before the deadline to avoid any inconveniences. The UHAS management has released the closing date for admission applications, and you can find the details on this page.
Don’t miss the opportunity to apply to one of the best public tertiary institutions in Ghana.
How to Buy UHAS Admission Form
- Buy the UHAS e-Voucher which contains the Serial Number and Pin Code
- Start your application by visiting: http://www.uhasonline.com/admissions
Where to Buy UHAS Admission Form
Prospective applicants are able to purchase UHAS Admission Application Forms for the 2023/2024 academic year at accredited vendors.
The University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) has listed a number of banks and Ghana Post Offices where e-vouchers can be obtained.
The banks include:
- Fidelity Bank
- Ghana Commercial Bank
- Access Bank
- Republic Bank
- Agricultural Development Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Universal Merchant Bank
- Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG)
- Prudential Bank
How Much is UHAS Admission Form?
The University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) has announced the cost of its 2023 admission form. The e-voucher is priced at GH¢220.00 for Ghanaian applicants and $130 for international applicants.
UHAS Admission Form Close Date
Please take note of the closing dates for the 2023/2024 UHAS Admission Application. The University of Health and Allied Sciences will close applications on the following dates:
- Undergraduate Admissions (Access Course Leading Sandwich Programme – SAHS and SONAM) deadline is 25th May, 2023, while SPH has an earlier deadline of 30th April, 2023.
- Undergraduate Admissions (Sandwich Applicants) – SAHS & SONAM has a deadline of 25 May, 2023, while SPH has a deadline of July 30, 2023.
- Undergraduate Admissions (WASSCE/SSSCE/A-Level/Mature Applicants) deadline is 30th November, 2023.
- MPHIL/MPH/PHD Applicants deadline is 30th July, 2023.
The UHAS Application Portal will also be closed on the same dates at 11:59 PM. We advise prospective applicants to submit their applications before the stated closing dates and time.
UHAS Cut Off Points (WASSCE) 2023/2024
- SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
- Bachelor of Nursing: 12
- Bachelor of Midwifery: 12
- Bachelor of Public Health Nursing: 14
- SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB): 08
- Bachelor of Physician Assistantship: 12
- SCHOOL OF PHARMACY
- Doctor of Pharmacy: 08
- SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory: 15
- Bachelor of Dietetics: 17
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy: 17
- Bachelor of Diagnostic Imaging: 17
- Bachelor of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences: 18
- Orthotics & Prosthetics: 18
- SCHOOL OF BASIC AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
- Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: 18
- SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- Disease Control: 19
- Nutrition: 19
- Health Promotion: 23
- Health Information: 23
- SCHOOL OF SPORTS AND EXERCISE MEDICINE
- Bachelor of Sports and Medical Sciences: 18
How to Buy UHAS e-Voucher Code Online
If you’re interested in buying UHAS application forms voucher online, follow these straightforward steps:
- Visit the e-voucher Portal at https://fastghana.com/.
- Choose the UHAS EVOUCHER option.
- Select the number of e-vouchers you wish to purchase.
- Click on the “Buy Now” button. If you’re using a smartphone, you may have to select “Checkout” first.
- Enter your personal information, including your first name, last name, email address, and phone number.
- Click on “Proceed to Payment.”
- Choose to “Pay with Mobile Money” and input your MoMo number. Alternatively, you may pay with your credit or debit card by selecting “Pay with Card.”
- Click on “Confirm.”
- Approve the payment on your phone by entering your Mobile Money Pin.
After confirming your payment, the university voucher will be sent to your email address. These vouchers can be utilized for the University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) online application.
To be eligible for undergraduate and postgraduate courses at UHAS, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
For undergraduate courses, the following prerequisites must be met:
- Sandwich Mature applicants who wish to pursue a Sandwich course in Bachelors of Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Medical Laboratory Sciences, and Radiography must meet the general requirements below:
- Applicants should be at least 25 years old before submitting their documents.
- A certificate from the AHPC Ghana is mandatory.
- Proof of 3 years of working experience is required.
- If short-listed, you must also pass a selection interview.
- You need to have scanned copies of your academic certificates, transcripts, licensing certificates, and national ID card.
- For WASSCE/SSSCE applicants, you must have credits of A1 – C6 or A-D in the following: Integrated Science and Social Studies, Core Mathematics, all four core subjects, and three elective units.
- For A-level applicants, you must have a General Certificate of Education in Ordinary Level for Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and any other subject. A General Certificate of Education at an advanced level is also required for the above subjects.
- For those applying as Mature students in the School of Pharmacy, you must have completed a Higher National Diploma in either Dispensing Technology or any other Pharmacy Technician course, be above 25 years old, and have achieved at least five O-Level credits in English, Biology, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- International applicants should possess one of the following credentials: Senior Secondary School Certificates, International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge GCE for O and A Levels, Cambridge IGSCE certificate, American High School Grade Certificate for Grades 12 and 13 exams, or any other external qualifications that are equivalent to WASSCE/SSSCE and GCE.
The following are the admission requirements for various courses offered at the University of Health and Allied Sciences:
School of Allied Health Sciences
To pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language-Hearing Science, and Diagnostic Imaging, the following are required:
- WASSCE/SSSCE prerequisites above
- Credits in Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Elective Mathematics for WASSE and SSSCE applicants.
- Chemistry or Biology, Food and Nutrition, Management in Living and General Agriculture plus Animal Husbandry are needed for others.
- A minimum of WASSCE grade B2 or its equivalent in SSSCE is required for Speech-Language and Hearing Science.
- A graduate should hold a degree in any Life Science from an accredited university.
- Pass an entry interview.
School of Basic and Biomedical Sciences
Only Bachelor of Medical and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is offered here. You need:
- WASSCE/SSSCE or any other equivalent qualifications.
- Pure Science Students should have credits in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or Elective Mathematics.
- Agricultural Science scholars need a pass in either General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Horticulture, Physics, and Chemistry, or Elective Mathematics.
- A selection interview and entrance exams might be held in some circumstances.
School of Medicine For Medical Degree and Physician Assistant
you should have the following:
- WASSCE/SSSCE or any other equivalent grades
- Credit passes in English, Core Mathematics, Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Elective Mathematics.
- Passing the entrance examination and selection interview is a prerequisite if you are short-listed.
School of Nursing and Midwifery
For the Bachelor of Nursing, Midwifery, and Public Health Nursing, you will need:
- WASSCE/SSSCE and its equivalent
- English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science
- Any three subjects from Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Management in Living, Food and Nutrition, General Agriculture, Ghanaian Language, French, Literature in English, Christion, or Islamic Religious Education, History and Government.
- Pass a selection interview.
Mature Applicants in the School of Pharmacy
- A Higher National Diploma in either Dispensing Technology or any other Pharmacy Technician course.
- Above 25 years old.
- Five credits at O-Level in English, Biology, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
School of Public Health
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Public Health, Ghanaian candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Possess at least three compulsory and elective subjects passed at WASSCE/SSSCE level.
- Non-Science aspirants should have passed any General Arts, Agricultural Science, Home Economics, or Visual Arts subjects.
- General Arts students can pursue only the Health Information, Promotion, and Nutrition sub-disciplines and must have passed Elective Mathematics and two other elective subjects.
- Home Economics scholars can only specialize in Disease Control, Nutrition, and Health Promotion, and must have a pass in Chemistry or Biology and two optional subjects.
- Visual Arts applicants can only opt for the Health Promotion branch of the Public Health Degree.
Postgraduate School Applicants:
For Master of Philosophy in Medical Imaging (MPHIL)
- A first degree in Medical Imaging, Diagnostic or Therapy Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, or related specializations with at least 2nd Lower Class or a GPA of 2.2 from a recognized institution.
- Two years of work experience in therapy or diagnostic radiography, sonography, mammography, or related areas.
- A letter from professional and academic referees or two reference statements.
- Pass an admission interview.
For Doctor of Philosophy:
- An MPhil or MSc. in Therapy Radiography, Medical Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, or related certificates from recognized institutions.
- Three years of work experience in Medical Image related specialities.
- Two reference statements or letters from academic referees.
- Research Proposal containing at least 700 words.
- A statement of purpose with not more than 500 words.
- Pass an entrance interview.
For Master of Philosophy in Applied Epidemiology:
- An excellent first degree in a related discipline such as Human and Veterinary Medicine, Laboratory Science, and any other similar field.
- At least three years of relevant working experience.
- Have a background and interest in Public Health.
- Pass entrance examination and interview.
For Master of Public Health:
- Interest and background in Public Health.
- At least three years of work experience.
- A degree in a relevant or related health field.
- Pass admission interview and examination.
Requirements for Access Course Applicants
For Ghanaian students, the general requirements are as follows:
- A certificate from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Local Government institutions, or any other verified training school.
- A minimum of three years of practical experience as a community nurse, auxiliary nurse, midwife, or health assistant.
- Diploma holders must have worked as Nutritional Officers, Environmental Health Assistances, Health Information Officers, or Disease Control Officers. Other closely related work experiences in fields such as Demography, Sociology, and Statistics are also accepted.
- If you hold a certificate or diploma from an accredited teacher training school, you must have taught for more than three years.
- Scanned copies of your certificates, transcripts, and Auxiliary Identification Number (AIN) are required.
For international scholars, the requirements are:
- A certificate or diploma in any health discipline.
- A minimum of three years of practical experience in the field.
- Evidence of English Language proficiency.
- Meeting professional entrance requirements as determined by the relevant body.
Scanned copies of all your academic documents are needed.
A passport-sized photo that meets the following criteria:
- Not more than 400KB in size. You may use image compressor programs to achieve this.
- The background should be white.
- Both your ears should be visible and without any shadows.
- Glasses and shades are not permitted. If you require them for medical reasons, they must be clear and reveal your eyes.
- The maximum dimensions of the photo should be 300 x 300 pixels (1-inch x 1.2 inches).
- The photo must be in JPEG file format.
How to Apply UHAS Admission Form
- Visit the UHAS admission portal at http://www.uhasonline.com/admissions/
- Login with your Serial number and Pin code on the voucher
- Carefully fill and submit the online application form, make sure to upload all required documents.