Following the ease of restrictions announced by the President of the Republic on May 31, 2020, in respect of educational institutions, Management wishes to update the University community on revised arrangements for the completion of the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year as follows:
1. The University’s ongoing Online Teaching and Learning Programme for the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year will progress as planned. Therefore, examinations for all students, including final year students, scheduled to commence from June 8, 2020 to July 3, 2020 will proceed as originally planned.
2. Arrangements are being made to receive registered final year students who may wish to relocate to the campuses of the University to make use of on-campus resources from June 15, 2020 till July 3, 2020, which is the end of the examination period.
3. All final year students who were unable to participate in the Online Teaching and Learning Programme, are expected back on campus from June 15, 2020. Make-up lessons will be from June 22, 2020, to July 10, 2020. Final examinations will be from July 18 to August 1, 2020.
4. Final year sandwich students will be allowed back to campus to continue and complete their final semester from June 15, 2020.
5. Further communication on return protocols for students who will return to the campuses of the University will be issued in due course.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, the calendar for the Online Teaching and Learning Programme is published below for ease of reference:
|Teaching||7 weeksApril 14-May 29, 2020|
|Revision week||1 weekJune 1-5, 2020|
|Examinations||4 weeksJune 8-July 3, 2020|
I would like to emphasize that all other students are not expected to be on the campuses of the University as per the President’s directive. The University will therefore, continue to remain closed to students who are not in their final year.