The management of the University of Education, Winneba has released the reviewed academic calendar for the second semester of 2019/2020 academic year.
The University of Education, Winneba Academic Calendar serves as an information source and planning document for students, faculty, staff, and departments, as well as outside organizations. The calendar includes registration dates, class start dates, add/drop deadlines, exam dates and more.
UEW Revised Academic Calendar 2019/2020
Please, we bring to your attention, reviewed Academic Calendar for the 2019/2020 second semester which was approved by the Executive Committee at its sitting on April 17th, 2020. The new Calendar is in respect of the migration of all lectures to the online Moodle mode.
We urge Lecturers and students to support the new arrangements so that we can, together, bring the semester to a logical conclusion.
A) Schedule of Online Academic Activities
- 18th-24th March: Uploading of online teaching and learning course materials on LMS and other alternative platforms
- 25th March- 13th April: Online teaching and learning begin on UEW Moodle – LMS and other alternative platforms including Google Classroom, WhatsApp, Telegram, Schoology, Zoom etc
- 13th April: Deadline for Migrating all online teaching and learning activities on alternative platforms unto the UEW Moodle (LMS)
- 14th – 20th April: Mop-up of outstanding courses that could not justifiably migrate to UEW Moodle
- 14th April: Online lectures continue on official UEW Moodle platform for all categories of lectures.
- 11th – 15th May: Online Mid-Semester Examinations
- 29th May: Deadline for Submission of Post Graduate and Undergraduate Project Work/Long Essay/Dissertations/Theses
- 5th June: Last day of Online Lectures
- 6th – 14th June: Examinations Revision Week
- 15th June – 5th July: End of Semester Examinations (Online)
- 6th July: Students go on Vacation
- 9th July: Publication of Results (Final year students)
- 13th – 17th July: Re-sit Examinations (Online, Final Year Students)
- 21st July: Publication of Results (Continuing Students)
- 27th – 31st July: Supplementary Examinations (Online)
Management, through ULMEC, has established that contact hours for online lectures tend to reduce by at least 40% compared to regular face-to-face. Management has, therefore, decided to extend the duration of the 2019/2020 second semester for six more weeks to ensure that online contact hours for teaching and learning are increased in order to exhaust course contents for the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year.