Ho Technical University 2022/2023 Programmes and Requirements
Ho Technical University 2022/2023 Programmes and Requirements, there are several courses offered at Ho Technical University. The requirements for the individual courses are to serve as a guide for prospective students in applying to the university for for the various courses
HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY COURSE
Master of Technology (MTech.) Programmes
Master of Technology (MTech) programmes are run in partnership with the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) on sandwich basis at Ho Technical University (HTU).
- Master of Technology in Agricultural Engineering with specialization in:
- Farm Machinery and Power Engineering
- Soil and Water Engineering
- Post-harvest and Food Security Technology
- Master of Technology programmes in Mechanical Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineering
Bachelor of Technology (BTech.) Programmes
Bachelor of Technology, Hospitality and Tourism Management
Bachelor of Technology, Automobile Engineering
Bachelor of Technology, Agricultural Engineering
Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
- HND Information and Communication Technology
- HND Statistics
- HND Agro-Enterprise Development
- HND Accountancy
- HND Marketing
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies
- HND Banking and Finance
- HND Purchasing and Supply
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering
- HND Building Technology
- HND Computer Science
- HND Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Cookery for Catering Industry II
Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting, Secretarial, Management, Marketing and Statistics options)
Agricultural Engineering Technician Parts I & II
Motor Vehicle Technician Part I & II
Construction Technicians Certificate Part I & II
The following are all requirements for HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY COURSE
Take a critical look in order to increase your chances of gaining admission.
- HND in related field or fields of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- Any other equivalent qualification
- Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience.
I. SSSCE AND WASSCE APPLICANTS
- SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C6) respectively in English, Mathematics (Core) and integrated Science/Social Studies and two (2) relevant electives for Business and Art related programmes.
- SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C6) respectively in English, Mathematics (Core) and integrated Science and two (2) relevant electives for Science related programmes.
II. DBS APPLICANTS
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
III. ABCE/’O’&’A’ LEVEL APPLICANTS
- Five (5) GBCE credits of five (5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
IV. GBCE APPLICANTS
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
V.TECHNICIAN PART II/III
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
VI. TECHNICAL SCHOOL APPLICANTS (CERTIFICATE II)
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
VI. MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must have at least a credit pass in any of the three courses in GES/City and Guilds Part I Technician Certificate OR
- Must have five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level credits in subjects including English, Mathematics and Science OR
- Must have five (5) SSSCE/ WASSCE passes in Science or Technical electives with an aggregate of 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE applicants.
- Must have two (2) years industrial experience.
- Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and Agricultural Engineering)
- And/or pass an interview.