Ecobank is calling on developers and innovators with bright ideas for financial technology to share their vision of creating Africa’s next big fintech solution with them. Up to $500,000 will be won by technopreneurs who successfully pitch the most interesting and viable solutions.
Topics we covered
EcoBank Fintech Challenge
Ecobank is challenging Africa’s new generation of entrepreneurs to find lasting solutions to the continent’s most pressing banking issues. Submit entries in one or more of our key areas of interest for your Chance to win up to $500,000 funding.
EcoBank Fintech Challenge Eligibility
- All African startups and technology innovators are eligible to apply for the challenge. They are to choose from different areas of interest as listed on the website and build a demo to serve as prototype — applicants without demo would be disqualified.
- The Challenge is open to both teams and individuals.
- Teams can submit solutions for more than one challenge but are limited to only one entry per challenge (“Entry”).
- Individuals are not allowed to participate in multiple teams. Switching teams after applying is not allowed. Ecobank will cover travel and accommodation costs for up to two participants from each team.
Eligible Fields: Teams are to submit applications addressing one or more of the following challenges
- Customer Experience
- Credit Scoring
- Ecosystem Aggregation
- Internal Tools
- Any Other Relevant Product Categories
To be taken at (country): Top teams will be selected to pitch at the bank’s Innovation Fair, which will be held at the global headquarters of Ecobank in Lomé.
Value of Contest
Become a finalist; get inducted as an Ecobank Fintech Fellow and stand a chance to explore the following opportunities:
- Multinational Product Roll Out
- Competition Cash Prizes
- Service Provider Partnerships
- Access To Ecobank’s Pan-African Banking Sandbox
- Mentoring And Networking Support
- Integration With Existing Ecobank Digital Offerings
How to Apply for EcoBank Fintech Challenge
Interested participants can apply here
For more information, visit the EcoBank Fintech Challenge.