Bece certificate lost, The West African Examinations Council awards a certificate to any candidate who obtains at least a pass in one of the subjects offered in any examination. Certificates are issued within three months after the release of results.
The procedures for the collection/receipt of certificates are as follows:
• Basic Education Certificate Examination
The certificates are forwarded to the District Directors of Education for onward despatch to Schools.
• West African Senior School Certificate Examination for School Candidates.
The certificates are despatched to Heads of Schools for collection by their candidates.
• West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates.
• Certificates for Private Institutions which are allowed to register candidates are collected from the WAEC Office in the region of the School by School authorities.
• All other private candidates are expected to complete an Application form for the collection of certificate and submit to the WAEC Office in the region where they wrote the examination. They are expected to attach a recent passport-size photograph endorsed by a witness in one of the following categories:
• A Senior officer of the security services not below the rank of Major/Superindent or its equivalence .
• A Senior Public Servant ( Principal executive offcer and above).
• A Qualified and Registered Medical Practitioner (herbalists are not accepted)
• A Solicitor or Barrister (Commissioner of oaths not accepted)
• An Assistant Director of a Public Secondary School or Training College .
Procedures for collecting certificates by candidates outside Ghana
• A candidate who lives outside Ghana and wants to collect his/her certificate must get a responsible person to collect the appropriate forms from any of the Council’s Offices in the region where the candidate wrote the examination.
• The candidate would then fill in the said form.
• The candidate is to attach clear photocopies of the following pages of his/her passport where:
• His/her particulars are stated.
• His/her profession is stated.
• His/her visa for the trip out of Ghana is.
• The signature of the Director of Passport is.
• The bearer’s signature is.
• The candidate must then give an authority note to a responsible person whom he/she has mandated to collect the certificate for and on his/her behalf.
• The person collecting the certificate on behalf of the owner must provide a valid identification.
• The person collecting the certificate may endorse the application form as well as the picture of the candidate if he/she is competent by our regulations to do so.
NB: Candidates who are unable to meet the requirements herein cannot have their certificates released till they appear in person to be interviewed.
Conditions of Issue of Certificate
The certificate issued is and remains, the property of the West African Examinations Council at all times and it is issued on the following conditions:
• Any alteration to the certificate renders it invalid.
• The certificate must be surrendered to The West African Examinations Council on request.
• The certificate should be kept in a safe place.
• The West African Examinations Council will not issue any copies of the original certificate.
Certificates are sent to the schools for collection by individual candidates. Certificates are produced once, and so certificates which get lost or damaged after collection are not replaced.