Ghana Education Service is the government body responsible for the recruitment of personnel into the educational sector whether teaching or non-teaching staff. The application for recruitment is scheduled to start within August and end somewhere in September.
The Minister of Education announced the number of personnel that will be recruited in 2020 in a press conference dated June 2, 2020. If nothing interrupts the calendar of the GES, the recruitment will cover both newly trained teachers and university graduates that offered educational courses at the tertiary level.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GES POSTING AND RECRUITMENT
Below is what an application, newly trained teachers, and university graduates who wish to work under the GES will be required to provide when applying to be employed under the Ghana Education Service in the 2020/2021 recruitment.
- Must have and Passed the final year College of Education examination.
- For second cycle teachers, you must graduate from tertiary education institutions.
- Must have passed the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination.
- Must complete the mandatory one-year national service
- Must be prepared to work at any place they will be posted to.
2020/21 REQUIREMENT FOR GES POSTING AND RECRUITMENT
The following documents will be required for the posting and recruitment of personnel who wish to work for the GES
- Your birth certificate
- Your senior high school certificate
- You Junior high school certificate
- Your ssnit / Tin number
- Your Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination certificate
DATE FOR GES RECRUITMENT 2020/21
The recruitment portal will be opened in August and be closed in September, the posting is supposed to be announced in November.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR GES POSTING AND RECRUITMENT 2020/21
- To start registration, visit the GES recruitment website: WWW.GESPROMOTIONS.GOV.GH
- Select RECRUITMENT( apply for recruitment as teaching staff 2020/2021)
- Then select “Click to start filling form”
- Fill in your personal details such as
- first name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- The region of birth
- Marital status
- Phone number
- Fill in the following in the CERTIFICATE SECTION
- GTLE number
- Enter your College of Education index number
- NSS number
- District of NSS posting
- Region of NSS posting
- Year of completing NSS
- At the upload section, you are required to upload your passport picture and various certificates
- At the file upload passport picture section, select choose file, select your passport picture from your files and click on the upload passport picture button
- Follow the same procedure above to upload your various certificates
- After uploading your certificates, submit application button will show up. Make sure you go through your details to make your they are all correct. Areas you uploaded your document will be GREEN and VIEW DOCUMENT button should show.
DEADLINE FOR GES RECRUITMENT
The deadline will be within SEPTEMBER and posting is supposed to be announced in November 2020.